holo dreams

by - Wednesday, October 17, 2018


If you've taken a walk recently, or at least looked outside your window, you could've noticed that a new season is here. And even though autumn is the season of nature slowly dying and everything fading, there are so many things to look forward to and some that are just starting, like a new year and semester at University. I am still not sure whether I'm excited about the latter, considering how hectic the last one was, but what I am excited about are all the cups of tea I get to sip now, either hidden under my blanket bingewatching some TV show or sitting in some cute coffee shop with my friends. 


These days between summer and autumn are always confusing to me because I never truly know what weather to dress for. It's usually really cold in the mornings and evenings, but around noon you regret wearing more than one layer. What I always found to be the perfect thing to wear during these transitional days is a leather jacket, so last month I went on a quest of finding myself a new one because my old one was all worn out. After many hours spent scrolling through online shops & window shopping, I found my perfect one at Pull&Bear, a black leather jacket which is cropped at the waist, has a belt and a side zipper. Nothing too detailed, but detailed just enough. 

 In order to avoid a fight with my "all black" loving inside voice, I paired it with a minimalistic midi-length black dress from Zara, which with its wool blend mix and length is made for this type of weather. As it was one those coffee date in the morning, lectures in the afternoon type of days, I had my new Nike sack bag on, because I am always amazed at how many things fit inside it. 






What makes this outfit stand out, and also quite noticeable (a friend of mine recognised me on the street only because I had them on), are these amazing sneakers that I got at ShoeBox. Lately, I've been obsessed with everything pink, and when I saw these holographic yellow-pink ones I just knew I had to have them. They make even the most boring outfit pop and they bring colour into this dulness that autumn is all about. 




dress // zara
jacket // pull&bear
shoes // shoebox 
backpack // nike

photos by: donovan pavlekovic (instagram)

thank you for reading!

love always,
paula avalon xo

You May Also Like

0 comments