red in the sun

by - Wednesday, August 01, 2018


Summer in Zagreb has never been this fun, with all the tourists coming here and exploring our city, the whole place is just bustling with life, even in the middle of the week. I've lived here my whole life  and trust me, it didn't use to be like this 5 or so years ago, and it makes my heart so warm to see so many different people from all over the world appreciating my hometown. 

But it's not only the tourists, it's the locals too! So many events and festivals are going on in the city that there is always something to do and something to see, and ever since the World Cup, there is a certain feeling of joy and pride in the air. People are still singing our "fan songs" and have the flag on their cars and balconies, and yes, we are still talking about it. 

With all these things going on, it is kind of hard to find a time and place when you can just go into the city and chill, without having to worry about finding a place to sit in a cafe or bar that you love or running into someone you know, but it still exists - weekend mornings. 


Sunday mornings are pretty chill anywhere you go, so I went for a simple and minimalistic look. Lately I've been trying to bring more colours into my closet, and red has proven to be a perfect choice for that. This red casual dress is from Pull&Bear, and there is such a summer vibe around it that I adore.



The shoes that I'm wearing are my new black mules from ShoeBox which I love, and it may be only me, but I think that because of them this whole outfit has an "italian vibe". Also, I am *still* one of those people who have to have matching shoes and a bag, so naturally I went for my black (fake) leather handbag from Mango, which is perfect for my everyday activities. And I can both hold it in my hand, or wear it on my shoulder, it's a win-win situation. 




dress // pull&bear
shoes // shoebox
bag // mango
accessories // wish, primark & h&m

photos by: donovan p. (instagram)

thank you for reading!

love always,
paula avalon xo

You May Also Like

0 comments